Tuesday, July 22, 2008

dear crate & barrel...

I may owe you an apology. It's just that you know, EVERYBODY getting married registers with you. And I just want something unique, perhaps made by hand or by a timeless artisan of craft. So I apologize for saying that I wouldn't ask my guests to buy your things. Esp when you sent such a cute email today:



Look at you, alluding to your support for local food and reusable bags! I love the green and white stylings, the 60's-pyrex-inspired designs, and the light an airy kitchen you promise. I'm not changing my mind at this point, but I do remember that in a time before weddings dominated both my creative energy and my vacation days, I did like a good stroll through your brightly lit aisles. I did enjoy the anticipation of a more thoroughly organized kitchen that the pages of your catalog so seductively displayed. And I love that you, with your home decor prowess are maybe making a more conscientious way of life just a teeny bit more mainstream. Truce?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the mainstream isn't so bad. I love their new stuff. So very green and Pyrex inspired. Two of my favorite things.

Anonymous said...

Love it.