Thursday, July 3, 2008

runway bride-wear

So I'm no expert, but it seems to me that if you're in the market for a minimally "bridal" feeling wedding dress, you should skip the bridal lines altogether and spend your money on something straight from the runway. I would venture to guess that your money will go farther and you'll potentially have a dress you may even wear again. That is, I guess, if you're willing to spend a bit on your dress and you are also the type that frequents or plans to frequent in your married future the sorts of events that warrant the wearing of long, fancy dresses.

The Resort 2009 looks have, if nothing else, some beautiful dresses for lusting after. My favorites are the top left... (ooh stripes!) and the bottom right... rehearsal dinner? I'm trying to concoct SOME excuse... Obviously I'm feeling the black and white thing right now.



All from Style.com, from to left to right, top to bottom: Emanuel Ungaro (beautiful collection fyi), Marchesa, Monique Lhuillier, can't remember, Diane von Furstenberg, Diane von Furstenberg.

No comments: