Thursday, December 4, 2008

when you're away for a month

You come back to a sad, cold, unlived in house and it's raining and the house is a semi-disaster because you left in a rush. And there are lots of little friends now inhabiting your space. And some of them, no not you spiders, are really pretty:



This guy was having his merry way with the parsley growing in what used to be my vegetable garden. Now it's a tangle of dead tomato plants, weeds, cucumber carcasses, and the largest zucchini I've ever seen, which at this point I think I'll just let grow back there until it bursts.

I think he's a tomato worm actually, but since there are no tomatoes left, I suppose he had to settle for something else.

I'm getting back into it here people. I have a handful of projects for the wedding left, and then there's the wedding itself of course, but it's hard to just jump right into that.

6 comments:

Kate said...

That thing is HUGE. I'd run. I'm a chicken like that.

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. Welcome back! And congrats. I really enjoy your blog and can't wait to see ALL of your wedding pics.

jora said...

I'm so glad your back blogging! Your wedding photos were too beautiful for words, BTW. :)

Melissa said...

This is a great picture :)

cara said...

Welcome back! It took me ages and ages to feel ready to write about the wedding stuff afterwards. Take your time!

Itinerant Studio/Look Photography said...

Actually i think it the caterpillar that will grow up to be one of the Swallowtail butterflies. (but I am not sure -- I just happen to have a 3 year old who really likes bugs so we spend lots of time trying to identify)
And parsley is one of their favorites.

First time on your site and find it to be enchanting.
Thanks!
Vicki