Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving

A few iPhone pics from the market yesterday. I went early and it was completely mobbed (obviously) and absolutely stacked to the sky with beautiful produce. I wanted to make 3 extra things for today just to take advantage of all the vegetal options. I restrained myself however. As much because I couldn't carry anything else as other reasons, like remaining sane.







Which had me thinking... do I need one of those farmer's market trollies? They do look tempting when you're lugging huge winter squashes and pounds of apples and tangerines around with your 7 month pregnant belly. I've been jabbed in the shins by those on more than one occasion so I'm a little hesitant.

Or maybe just a more sturdy basket? In a few months I will have a stroller after all and that seems like it would serve the same purpose?

Hope you all have a delicious weekend of friends and family and food!

7 comments:

Celia said...

i live and die by beets.

happy thanksgiving!!

Rebecca B said...

strollers - very useful in the farmer's market. there's the basket and you can hang bags off the handle - just make sure you don't overbalance and topple it especially once you take the baby out!

sk said...

Beautiful produce! I have one of those baskets and love it-- I use it at the grocery store too, and for traveling. Hope your thanksgiving feast turned out lovely!

Amanda said...

Basket! Basket is very handy. Everyone in all of Paris has one of those trolleys, and I keep getting whacked. Happy Thanksgiving, dearlet!

Shell in your Pocket said...

what a fun market!
sandy toe

Caitlin said...

I can't believe those where iPhone pics - if only I could get my pictures from an actual camera to look that good. Granted, just a point and shoot, but still...
and I love market pics - thanks!

Amanda Mae said...

Impressive iPhone photos! They are great! I LOVE LOVE Farmers Markets :) Photos of them make me smile..