Monday, December 7, 2009

weekend doings

So last week I slacked a bit. Somehow the week passed without anything interesting to report. But look! Here I am on Monday with pictures. This week I'll be a less delinquent blogger. Maybe.

The weekend was pretty satisfying in terms of crossing things off our to-do list. Not the BIG to-do list, mind you. The mini one intended for just the weekend.




Christmas tree and lights in place. Makes the house smell so nice.




On the nesting front, started to rearrange the 2nd bedroom which is now a complete disaster. Why do people have so much stuff??? But it did mean ripping down a FLOR tile bulletin board, (Note: tacks don't actually stick reliably into FLOR tiles... thanks so much for the idea Martha), and turning it into a rug for our bedroom. Yay. Free rug.






FINNNAAAALLLLY started weeding out the overgrown vegetable patch. And found these pretty carrots and this collection of tomatoes and peppers, plus lots of yummy tangerines from our little tree. I'd love to get some new things in the ground before baby, but that might be pushing it. Yard work is not that fun later in your pregnancy.




Forced narcissus bulbs, approximately a month late.




And then spent Sunday afternoon in the kitchen...




Making pumpkin soup in the pumpkin. More on that soon.

And today it's positively pouring rain. Which is nice for catching up on work and maybe baking something tasty? We shall see.

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. I love the first one of the ornament on the tree, with the light shining through. Can't wait for pumpkin soup recipe!

Little Aviary said...

You know, I think we're too hard on Mondays... these photos make me wish I could do Monday morning all over again! I suppose I'll have to wait until next week...

I'm super intrigued by the Pumpkin Soup. Can't wait to hear more!

Caroline said...

I love your photos and what a great surprise to find those pretty carrots and tomatos mmm!!! Can't wait to hear about the pumpkin soup!! Enjoy your week!! xo

Cinnamon said...

I just did a post about my favorite blogs, and you're one of them! It has a lot to do with my incredible envy of your vegetable garden :) This post just emphasized that.


http://thebusiestbee.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Isn't the rain insane? These are lovely photos. Looking forward to hearing more about the soup! xo.

P*P*P said...

The tangerines look DELISH! Also, the slippers you have featured in the top picture -- i have them and LOVE them! Hope you're having a great week!

Christine Rochet-Jacob. said...

Hello Lovely Morning!

I was given an award by Mimi Bleu at http://bonjourromance.blogspot.com/2009/11/merci-madame-sucre.html and by Simone at : http://theromanticqueryletter.blogspot.com/
I’m to pass it on to 7 others. Now, I’ve chosen you as one of my 7 but if your blog is award free or you choose not to participate, no worries - just my way of saying I enjoy your blog! I have included a link to your blog in a post that was published today December 8th.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Christine Rochet-Jacob

Elleni said...

Finally rain! So rare here. Your photos make me want a garden.

Dorissa said...

These photos are amazing. Our garden's second harvest was not so successful as yours. Roast them veggies!