Sunday, March 7, 2010

One last belly shot

These have been hanging on our refrigerator door for a few weeks now and every time I pass by I am amazed that my baby used to be so small and round and tucked so perfectly inside my belly.



Also, they were taken by Jose Villa which is like winning the accidental belly shot lottery. Last month Amanda and Danielle and I (hugely pregnant) trekked up to Santa Barbara for a little tablescape project for 100LC, shot by Señor Villa himself. (So so lucky we are!) At the end of the day, he had a few shots left on his last roll of film and snapped these pictures of my largeness.

Let me say that my uggs, hoodie and ponytail were NOT exactly the most perfectest outfit for the occasion, but we make do in such dire situations, don't we?

And look who I have instead of a belly:



(shameless posting of cute baby alert)

Now that I'm on the other side, I realize that pregnancy and birth fade quickly when you spend the day staring at your newborn. Which makes it really neat to have a visual reminder of the mysterious amniotic sea you carry for so many months. I was so super lucky to have Jen take photos at our house and then ended up with these extras too. What I'm trying to say is in retrospect, it's so worth it to have pretty pictures taken during the final weeks of pregnancy. Any of your out there on the fence about whether or not to spring for the maternity sesh should just do it. You're only pregnant with your first baby once, after all.

(PS. You can see the whole tablescape project on 100LC here.)

17 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Beautiful photos to last a lifetime.

Bluebelle said...

So beautiful!

Rachel said...

I'm in awe of your belly! Amazing.

And, I just finished the book you're currently reading! How funny.

carolina postcard said...

It really is amazing seeing the "before and after"! What a beautiful memory to have. Right now, its hard to imagine that one day my belly will be gone and baby will actually be here. Very surreal!

Bianca said...

He's a beaut!Bellies are fun but babies are more fun...

paula said...

how beautiful is he!

I dream of having a family shoot with Jose. Gorgeous pics.

Meg said...

I love the belly shots, yadda yadda (I really do love them)...

BUT WE DEMAND MORE BABY! BABY BABY BABY!

Siiiiiggggghhhhh.... so adorable and teensy.

Holly said...

as beautiful as those photos are, i didnt even notice your clothes or pony until you mentioned it. really. nice job jose.

kristina said...

be careful what you ask for meg-ly.

rachel- i'm fake reading it. i started it 3 days before dashiell was born, read 10 pages, and now it lives on my nightstand. is it great?

carolina postcard - i know! but the closer you get the more real it will feel and the more anxious you'll be to get rid of the giant belly and meet your babe.

Unknown said...

I think the photos are beautiful and your outfit looks perfect!! You look like the ideal model pregnant woman! So pretty.

nikki said...

I've followed your blog for a while but I think this is my first comment - I cannot resist telling you how beautiful your boy is! Congratulations!

stephschneider said...

Those are gorgeous, I love how he captured you, uggs and hoodie and all :)
Congrats on Dashiell!

Lauren said...

He's beautiful! Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

nicole said...

Great post! Your son has the most perfect little face! Those lashes, those lips! He is gorgeous. Congrats again!

Joslyn said...

i couldn't agree more...the belly shots are priceless and yours are stunning!

Hena Tayeb said...

beautiful.. being pregnant with my first child i know what you mean.. well partially.. still waiting to stare into the eyes of the little baby inside of me.. :)
lovely post

muebles lleida said...

It cannot really have success, I suppose so.